Tips for KitchenAid® Stainless Cutlery
Using Your Cutlery
- Select the proper knife for the task at hand.
- Do not use knives to cut through bone or to cut or separate frozen foods; it may damage or dull the blade.
- Do not use knives as a screwdriver or can opener; it may damage the blade.
- Use smooth, easy-to-clean cutting surfaces. Wood and polyethylene cutting boards are recommended.
- Do not use knives on hard surfaces that can dull or damage the cutting edge, such as glass, stone, ceramic, metal, or countertops.
Caring For Cutlery
- Cutlery is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for lasting appearance and performance.
KitchenAid® cutlery sets include a knife sharpening steel. The KitchenAid® sharpening steel may also be purchased separately. To maintain a precision cutting edge, follow the enclosed instructions to sharpen cutlery after each use.
NOTE: Knives with serrated edges must be professionally sharpened.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.