KitchenAid Water Kettle Tips and Tricks
What Temperature Should the Burner be?
- High heat is not recommended for any of the kettles.
- You can use medium or medium-high, but high can discolor the kettle and for porcelain kettles, it can cause the bottom to stick to the range.
- Overheating may cause brown or blue on a stainless kettle.
Can I use it on a Glass Cooktop?
- Overheating can make kettles with porcelain enamel bottoms fuse to the surface of glass cooktop ranges, requiring the replacement of the glass cooktop.
- Do not leave the kettle on a glass cooktop; remove it, and place it on a heat-resistant surface such as a cutting board.
- Always lift the kettle when removing it from the cooktop surface. Sliding or dragging may damage the cooktop surface or base of the kettle.
- For best results, match the kettle base size with the cooktop burner size. Do not allow gas flames to extend up the side of the kettle.
How Much Water?
- It is recommended to fill the kettle at least halfway with water for the best results.
- Avoid overfilling the kettle. Maximum fill level is below the bottom of the spout.
- Do not allow the kettle to boil dry.
- Ensure that the kettle lid is securely seated on top of the kettle.
How do I Clean the Kettle?
- The kettle is not dishwasher safe. Hand wash only. Surface damage due to chemical interaction or cleaning agents including, but not limited to, scouring pads, abrasive cleaners, or automatic dishwashers is not covered under your product’s limited warranty.
- For best results, empty the kettle and wash with hot soapy water after each use. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Do not use harsh abrasives or steel wool to clean the kettle exterior, as scratching may result.
- If mineral deposits form on the inside of the kettle due to hard water, fill kettle with equal amounts of water and white vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for ten minutes. Pour out water and vinegar solution and rinse well. Repeat if necessary.
- The exterior of the porcelain-coated kettle can be cleaned with a soft sponge or any nonabrasive cleaning pad. Use warm, soapy water and rinse; then dry thoroughly.
Does the Kettle Whistle?
- When the kettle begins to whistle, the water is heated. For proper whistling to occur, ensure that the water level is below the spout of the kettle and that the lid is securely seated.
- Allow the kettle to cool on a heat resistant surface. Do not leave kettle on a hot burner.
Contact Us if the kettle fails to whistle while still under warranty.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.