How to Clean the Spout Screen of KitchenAid Hot Water Dispenser
Cleaning the Spout Screen:
If you have very hard water, and you notice that the water flow is reduced, it may be necessary to clean the spout screen. Follow the instructions below for best cleaning:
- Turn Temperature Control to the “Off” position. Push down and turn On/Off cap clockwise and run water until it is cold to avoid possibility of burn.
- Remove the two spout screws.
- Remove spout base plate.
- Pull the screen assembly out of the hot water tube.
- Use a small brush and vinegar to remove hard-water deposit. If deposit has hardened, soak in vinegar for an hour or two. Then use a brush to clean.
- Replace screen assembly in tube. Reattach plate back onto spout.
- Turn Temperature Control to the “Max” setting. The dispenser will be ready in about 15 minutes.