How to Turn the Ice Maker On or Off for your KitchenAid Refrigerator
Here are the instructions for turning your ice maker on or off. There are many types of ice makers, if your ice maker is not shown below, please reference your Use and Care Guide for additional information.
Ice Maker in the Freezer (on some models)
To turn the Ice Maker ON:
- Simply lower the wire shutoff arm.
To manually turn the Ice Maker OFF:
- Lift the wire shutoff arm to the OFF (arm up) position and listen for the click.
NOTE: Your ice maker has an automatic shutoff. As ice is made, the ice cubes will fill the ice storage bin and the ice cubes will raise the wire shutoff arm to the OFF (arm up) position. Do not force the wire shutoff arm up or down.
Why you should turn your ice maker off
If the water supply is not connected to the water supply line turn the ice maker off.
If the Ice Maker remains on, and not connected to water supply the following could potentially happen:
- Ice Maker will continue to try to make ice causing a buzzing sound
- Cause the refrigerator section to be too cold
- Food in crisper drawers to freeze
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.