Using the Produce Preserver in your KitchenAid Refrigerator
The produce preserver absorbs ethylene to slow the ripening process of many produce items. As a result, certain produce items will stay fresh longer.
Ethylene production and sensitivity varies, depending on the type of fruit or vegetable. To preserve freshness, it is best to separate produce with sensitivity to ethylene from fruits that produce moderate-to-high amounts of ethylene.
How to Install the Produce Preserver
For your convenience, the suction-mounted produce preserver can be installed in either the crisper or the refrigerated drawers.
- Wash the interior of a drawer with a solution of mild dish soap and warm water and dry thoroughly.
- Find the package containing the Produce Preserver inside the refrigerator and install the Produce Preserver into the drawer according to the instructions provided in the package.
How to Replace the Produce Preserver
The disposable packet(s) should be replaced every 6 months or when the status indicator changes completely from white to red.
- Remove the used packets from the produce preserver housing.
- Remove the used status indicator.
- Install the replacement packets and status indicator using the instructions included in the package.