How to Install the Drain Hose for KitchenAid Ice Maker
- If the drain hose becomes twisted and water cannot drain, your ice maker will not work or may produce small batches of ice.
- The drain pump is designed to pump water to a maximum height of 10 ft (3 m).
- Use only Whirlpool approved drain pump kit Part Number 1901A.
- Do not connect the outlet end of the drain tube to a closed pipe system to keep drain water from backing up into the ice maker.
- It is recommended that only a corrugated drain hose be used.