Preparing Undercounter Refrigerator for Vacation
How to Properly Prepare for Vacation
Preparing your KitchenAid undercounter refrigerator or wine cooler for vacation is simple and helps protect your refrigerator while you are away.
Double Drawer Refrigerator
Your refrigerator drawers are equipped with the Holiday Mode feature. By selecting this feature, the temperature set points remain unchanged and the interior lights will turn off. For most efficient refrigerator drawers operation, it is recommended to exit the Holiday Mode when it is no longer required.
If you choose to leave the refrigerator drawers on while you’re away:
- Use up any perishables and freeze other items.
- Press HOLIDAY MODE touch pad.
- When you return from vacation, press HOLIDAY MODE touch pad to return to normal operation.
If you choose to turn the refrigerator drawers off before you leave:
- Remove all food from the refrigerator drawers.
- Turn the Control Panel for the Upper and the Lower drawers to Off. See “Using the Controls.”
- Clean refrigerator drawers, wipe and dry them well.
- Tape rubber or wood blocks to the tops of both drawers to prop them open far enough for air to get in. This stops odor and mold from building up.
Undercounter Refrigerator, Wine Cellar and Beverage Center
If you choose to turn the refrigerator off before you leave, follow these steps.
- Remove all contents from the refrigerator
- Unplug the refrigerator.
- Clean the refrigerator. See “Cleaning" in your Owner's Manual.
- Tape a rubber or wood block to the top of the door to prop it open far enough for air to get in. This stops odor and mold from building up.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.