Is the door fully closed?
Ensure the door latch is not blocked. Below are some common items that may prevent the microwave from closing or opening:
- Packing and/or shipping material
- Dish or bakeware. Ensure the dish is the correct size for the microwave, an oversized plate will prevent the door from closing.
- Check that the cooking rack (if equipped) is not out of position and not allowing the door to close
NOTE: To avoid unintentional operation of the microwave oven, a cooking function cannot be started if the microwave oven door has been closed for about 5 minutes. The word “door” will appear in the display until the door is opened and closed.
Is there power to the microwave?
If the microwave lights will not turn on, when the door is opened, check to make sure their is power going to the microwave. Check the following:
- Verify the power cord is connected to an operational outlet. If you are not sure whether the outlet is operational, and the outlet is easily accessible, connect a known operating small appliance with similar power cord to the outlet to verify the outlet is operational.
- Verify the circuit breaker hasn't tripped or blown a fuse.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-422-1230 or click below to schedule an appointment.