Is the Microwave Heating?
To test if the microwave is heating:
- Place one cup (250 mL) of water on the turntable
- Start the microwave oven for 1 minute on the HI setting (100% Power)
If heat rise is detected, the microwave is heating.
Check the Controls
Check to make sure you are using the correct controls for the type of dish you are heating. Heating at a decreased power level may take the food longer to heat.
CLICK HERE for additional information on changing the power level
CLICK HERE to watch a video on changing the power level
Check for Error or Display Codes
If your microwave has an error code displayed, see below for additional information.
- "LOC" or "L" : Indicates the control lock is on or enabled.
- Demo Mode: The Demo Mode is ideal for learning how to use the microwave oven. When set, functions can be entered without actually turning on the magnetron. The microwave oven light will come on, the fan will run and, if on, the turntable will rotate.
- A different error code? If your microwave is displaying a different error code, please refer to your Use and Care Guide for additional information.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-422-1230 or click below to schedule an appointment.