What does the Air Filter do?
An air filter is 15 times more powerful than baking soda at reducing common food odors inside the refrigerator. On some models, your refrigerator's accessory packet includes an air filter which must be installed prior to use. The air filter is located on the rear wall near the top of the refrigerator compartment. It is recommended that the air filter be replaced every 6 months.
How do you install the Air Filter?
Install the air filter behind the vented door, located on the rear wall near the top of the refrigerator compartment.
CLICK HERE for the full installation instructions
Air filters are available at some retailers, including Amazon.
How to reset the indicator light?
After replacing the air filter, the air filter status will need to be reset. Directions for resetting the status will vary by model number, we recommend referencing the Use and Care Guide for specific models instructions.
To Reset the Air Filter:
- Press and hold the AIR FILTER button for 3 seconds.
- The filter icons will turn off. When the system is reset, the air filter icon will return to its BLUE color and the words “Replace Filter” will disappear from the control panel.
The below are the different stages you will see on the air filter display:
- GOOD - The air filter icon on the control panel lights up in BLUE.
- ORDER a replacement - The air filter icon on the control panel lights up in YELLOW.
- REPLACE air filter - The air filter icon on the control panel lights up in RED and “Replace Filter” will appear.
- EXPIRED - The air filter icon lights up in RED and “Replace Filter” flashes on the control panel.
NOTE: At any filter status, pressing and holding the AIR FILTER button for 3 seconds will reset the air filter status to Good and the air filter icon will turn off.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-422-1230 or click below to schedule an appointment.