Has the range been recently installed or re-connected to the gas supply?
It is possible for air to be trapped in the gas line when the range has been recently installed or re-connected to the gas supply. Turn on any of the surface burners to release air from the gas lines.
Is the unit power cord connected to a grounded, operational outlet?
Correct operation of surface burner and oven ignitors is dependent on the unit having a good ground path for the spark to travel to.
- Verify the power cord is connected to a 120 Volt AC, grounded, operational outlet.
- Do not connect power cord with two(2) prong adapter or extension cord.
- If you are unsure the outlet is grounded, operational, and is easily accessible, connect a known operating small appliance with similar power cord to the outlet to verify the outlet is operational.
- If power supply is not correct, or if you are unsure, contact a qualified electrician.
Is the main gas valve turned ON?
- Verify the main gas valve is ON.
- The shut off will, typically, be on the gas branch piping immediately after the piping comes thru the wall/floor.
CLICK HERE for more information on the Main Gas Valve.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-422-1230 or click below to schedule an appointment.