- A mechanical polishing process is used in stainless steel bowls to make them shiny.
- Occasionally, new stand mixer bowls may have residue in the bowl that cannot be removed in the dishwasher or by hand washing.
- This residue can discolor food items mixed in the bowl and is not harmful.
KitchenAid recommends putting a small amount of olive oil in the bowl and spreading it around inside the bowl.
- Let this sit for several minutes, then wipe the oil out.
- After removing the oil, wash the bowl with hot water and a good detergent.
Or, use a mixture of lemon juice and salt, or a baking soda paste to clean the bowl.
- These are food safe alternatives with abrasive qualities that will adequately clean the bowl.