Stand mixer sounds can vary depending due to several factors.
- Larger mixers can be louder than smaller capacity mixers, due to the need for a larger motor and all metal gears.
- They may sound shrill or "airplane like"
- DC motor mixers are quieter than AC model mixers.
- If you are used to a smaller mixer, and then purchase a larger one, it may seem loud, initially.
- There are individual sound variations even among the same model mixer.
- Clicking during heavy mixing is not unusual, especially while kneading yeast breads.
- Clicking may be more pronounced in larger 7 and 8 quart mixers because they have DC motors which are quieter.