Do you know how to tighten the pin when it becomes loose?
There is a silver pin that holds the mixer head onto the base. Occasionally, this can become loose, and must be tightened, or the mixer head will bounce or wobble.
- This silver pin goes completely through the neck of all tilt head stand mixers that fastens the mixer head onto the base.
- The rounded ends of the pin are visible on both sides of the neck.
- Occasionally the pin becomes loose and the head of the unit will begin to wobble when used. When this happens, usually the adjustment screw found inside the hollow part of the neck is loose.
- This pin can be pushed back into place and the screw can be tightened to correct the problem.
- If the neck pin comes out completely, it may be necessary to have two people assist to reinsert it, since you must hold the two parts together and insert the pin, which is not completely straight into the opening.
- If you are unable to do so, an Authorized Service Facility can also reattach this pin.
Refer to the Video below to make the Neck Pin Adjustment:
CLICK HERE for a video on how to tighten the neckpin.