Using the Warming or Simmer Feature
Using the warming element or the simmer feature on your KitchenAid Cooktop
Please see your Owner's Manual for specific information on your model, touch control models offer many different control options.
NOTE: Elements will not glow red on all settings.
Warming element (on some models):
The warming element feature can be used to keep cooked foods warm. When the warming element function is in use, it will not glow red like the cooking zones, but the indicator light will glow on the control panel. The warming element area will not glow red when cycling on. However, the hot surface indicator light will glow as long as the warming element area is too hot to touch. The warming element feature can be used alone or when any of the other surface cooking areas are being used, and can be set from Low to High for different levels of heating.
- Push in and turn warming element knob to desired setting.
- Turn knob to OFF when finished.
Simmer feature (on some models):
The simmer feature setting is an adjustable heat setting for more precise simmering.
The simmer feature control knob has two settings: Simmer and Normal. When the control is set on Normal, the element will function as a single, a dual, or a triple element.
When the simmer feature control knob is set on Simmer, the cooking area will not glow red. This is normal. Only the outer heating ring will glow red on the triple circuit element when medium or high simmer is selected.
- Turn the simmer feature control knob to the SIMMER position.
- Push in and turn control knob to a setting between Low and High setting.
- Select Low for a low simmer or when using lids and medium for a high simmer or when not using lids. Select either the Single, Dual, or Triple Zone setting. Increase heat as necessary to achieve desired simmer.
- Turn the simmer feature control knob back to the NORMAL setting when finished cooking.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.