Positioning Racks and Pans
How to Position Racks and Pans in your KitchenAid Warming Drawer
Warming Cookware: Use only cookware approved for oven use. Follow the cookware manufacturer’s instructions.
- The 2 racks accompanying your warming drawer will fit from front to back or side to side.
- Each rack raises an oven-safe container 1¹⁄₈" (2.86 cm) from the bottom of the drawer.
NOTE: The warming drawer must be fully opened when placing or removing racks.
- Keep the number of times the drawer is opened to a minimum in order to maintain set temperature in the warming drawer.
Optional Pans (accessories)
- The warming drawer includes 2 pan support rails designed to hold a variety of serving pan sizes. Pan sizes that can be used are 1/6, 1/9, 1/3, 1/2, and 2/3. A full size serving pan can be placed across the width of the 27" (68.6 cm) and 30" (76.2 cm) warming drawer.
- 1/2 size and 1/3 size pans may be purchased at Purchase Genuine Parts.
- Other size serving pans may be purchased at various retailers and restaurant supply stores.
- When using serving pans, make sure the pan support rails are properly installed in the locator notch before inserting pans.
Please refer to the following chart to determine the correct positioning of the pan support rails for each of the pan sizes.
|Pan Size||Pan Support Rails|
|Full*||Positions 1 and 3|
|2/3||Positions 1 and 3|
|1/2||Positions 1 and 3|
|1/3||Positions 1 and 3 or 1 and 2|
|1/6||Positions 1 and 2|
|1/9||Positions 1 and 2|
*Full size pans cannot be used with the 24" (61 cm) warming drawer.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.