Using the KitchenAid Espresso Machine
First, clean all parts and accessories. Place the Espresso Machine on a dry, flat, level surface such as a countertop or table.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to clean the espresso machine.
- Fill the Water Tank with fresh water [max. 47 ounces (1.4 liters)]. Replace the Water Tank Lid.
- Insert the Steam Wand until you hear a click.
IMPORTANT: Distilled water or mineral water can damage the Espresso Machine. Do not use either to brew espresso.
- Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Press the Main power switch to “ON (-).”
- The machine automatically pumps water into the heater and starts heating. When lights stop blinking, the Espresso Machine is ready for use.
- To rinse the Group Head, place a container under the Group Head. Toggle the Mode Button to select Espresso. Toggle Dose Button to 1 and press the button.
The machine will flush water through the Group Head and automatically stop when the cycle is complete.
- To rinse the Steam Wand, direct the Steam Wand towards the Drip Tray or into a cup. Then, toggle the Mode Button to select Hot Water and press the button to start.
Allow water to flow for 3 to 5 seconds then, press the button to stop.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.