Troubleshooting for KitchenAid Compact Food Processor
If your Food Processor should malfunction or fail to operate, check the following:
- Is the Food Processor plugged in?
- Make sure that the bowl and lid are properly aligned and locked in place.
- Have you pressed more than one button at the same time?
- Unplug the Food Processor, then plug it back into the outlet.
- Is the fuse in the circuit to the Food Processor in working order? If you have a circuit breaker box, be sure the circuit is closed.
- The Food Processor may need to cool to room temperature. If the speed light turns off and the Off/Pulse light flashes, wait until the Off/Pulse light turns off and retry. The Food Processor may take from 5 to 15 minutes to cool completely.
- The motor may be locked. If the speed light stays on while the Off/Pulse light flashes, press the Off/Pulse button to reset the motor.
Food Processor not shredding or slicing properly:
- Make sure the raised-blade side of the disc is positioned face-up on the drive adapter.
- Make sure ingredients are suitable for slicing or shredding. See the “Tips for great results” section in your Use and Care Guide.
- Make sure the disc is positioned in the process position (near the top of the bowl), and not the storage position (low and inside of the bowl).
If the work bowl cover won’t close when using the disc:
- Make sure the disc is installed correctly and is positioned properly on the drive adapter.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.