Assembling a KitchenAid Food Processor
Place the Work Bowl on the motor base with the handle facing in the 9 o’clock position.
- While holding the handle, twist the bowl to the right until it locks into place at the 6 o’clock position.
- It is important that the Work Bowl be placed on the base with the handle facing to the left side, because the tabs on the shaft of the Food Processor have a slight tapering. They may break off if the handle is positioned on the right side (4:00 position) and then forced to the center when attaching the bowl to the base.
Select a blade, disc or attachment to use
- Multipurpose Blade: Place the blade on the power base shaft. It may be necessary to rotate the blade slightly so that it is properly aligned and falls into place.
- Slicing or Shredding Disc: Place the Disc Stem on the power base shaft. Fit the selected disc over the metal pin on the Disc Stem, aligning the center opening of the disc with the ridge of the stem.
- Mini Bowl: Place the Mini Bowl over the power base shaft inside the Work Bowl. Then, fit the Mini Blade on the power base shaft
- Chef's Bowl: Fit the Chef’s Bowl inside the Work Bowl before attaching the disc stem and the disc to the power shaft. The Chef’s Bowl can only be used for slicing and shredding discs, not the Multipurpose Blade.
Place the Work Bowl Cover on the Work Bowl with the Feed Tube just to the left of the handle.
- Ensure the Feed Tube just to the left of the handle. Holding on to the Feed Tube, turn the Work Bowl cover to the right until it locks into place.
- NOTE: Never attach the cover to the work bowl before the work bowl has been positioned on the power shaft base. Damage to the work bowl may result.
Food Processors with Handles on the Side