Using the Broil Function
Recommended Rack Position
- The food to be broiled should be at least 1" (2.5 cm) from the top cooking elements in the Compact Oven.
- Use the upper slots along oven walls—slide in the oven rack. For delicate foods such as fish or chicken, or less browning, place the rack in a lower position. The two reversible racks offer the flexibility of 6 height options. Flip the rack to use at each level if desired.
- Use the included broil pan and grill directly on the oven rack for even browning and easy cleanup. The broil pan and grill may also be used for the Bake and Warm settings.
- Place the food to be broiled on the broil pan with grill. Then, close the door.
- Rotate the Function control knob to BROIL. Only the top cooking elements heat when the Broil function is selected.
- Rotate the Temperature control knob to Broil/450.
- Rotate the Time control knob to the desired time for broiling or browning the food on one side. The Power On indicator light will turn on. Be sure to monitor the broiling progress.
- When the end signal sounds, the Compact Oven will automatically shut off. If broiling or browning the other side of the food, open the door and use a potholder to pull the rack and pan about halfway out of the oven. Turn the food, slide the rack and pan back into place, and close the door.
- Rotate the Time control knob to the desired time for broiling or browning the food on the other side. When the time elapses, the end signal will sound, and the Compact Oven will automatically shut off.
- If removing food before the end signal sounds, rotate the Time control knob to "0" (Off) to shut off the Compact Oven. Then, remove the food.
- Only the top cooking elements heat when the Broil function is selected.
- Check food cooking progress through the clear, tempered glass door window. The Compact Oven will be more energy-efficient if you open the door less often.
- When setting for 5 minutes or less, rotate the Time control knob past the 10-minute mark; then, turn back to the desired time.