Using the KitchenAid Ravioli Maker Attachment
- Remove hopper from the Ravioli Maker Attachment by pulling upward firmly.
- Fold pasta sheet in half.
- To insert the pasta sheet, insert the folded end between the forming rollers. Rotate the handle one-quarter of a turn to feed the pasta sheet.
NOTE: Two-knob handle provides precise thumb and forefinger control of rolling and filling. The mixer is not turned on while making ravioli.
NOTE: Pasta sheets should be uniformly thick 1/16" (0.156 cm) and wide 51/2" (13.75 cm). Center the sheets when feeding them into rollers. Lightly dust the pasta with flour to aid in processing.
- Separate the two loose ends of the pasta sheet and drape each end over the smooth metal rollers.
- Locate the slight indentation on one side of the hopper rim. Position the indented side, so it faces the attachment-knob-side of the stand mixer. Place the hopper on top of the
dough sheet, between the separated ends, and push down until you hear a "click" and the side edges of the hopper rest against the Ravioli Maker.
NOTE: If you are using Ravioli Maker for the first time, practice feeding pasta without filling through the attachment to perfect your technique.
- Using the provided scoop, spoon 1-2 scoops of filling into the hopper. Spread the filling evenly into the corners of the hopper and gently, evenly press down on the mixture with the scoop.
- Slowly turn the handle. Check that ravioli strips are feeding freely through the bottom of the attachment.
- Add more filling to the hopper as needed. Spread the mixture evenly into the corners of the hopper and gently press down on the filling with the scoop. Make sure all filling in the hopper is used before the end of the pasta sheet is reached, or the mixture will collect on the rollers. Use the scoop to remove extra filling if necessary.
- Place the strips of ravioli on a lightly floured surface and let them dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Before rolling the next sheet of ravioli strips, clean the attachment by using the cleaning brush and lightly dust the rollers with flour.
- Separate the ravioli one by one, tearing along perforations.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.