Weighing and Sifting Ingredients Using the KitchenAid Sifter + Scale Attachment.
- Press the On/Off button, then press the Tare button until the display reads zero (0).
- Before adding ingredients to the hopper, be sure the ingredient valve is in the closed position, and swivel chute is pointed into the mixer bowl or an appropriate container.
NOTE: If desired, the scale and hopper can sit on the countertop, and ingredients can be added until the target weight is achieved. The full scale and hopper can then be installed onto the attachment.
OPTIONAL: Press the weight unit toggle (lb/oz/g) to choose between pounds, ounces, and grams, as shown in the below figure. The default setting is grams.
- Add your ingredients to the ingredient hopper until you reach the target weight.
TIP: Make sure your dry ingredients have no large or hard clumps before feeding them through the sifter. As with any sifter, large or hard clumps may not be broken up during the sifting process.
- Turn on the Stand Mixer to the desired speed, then open the ingredient valve. The ingredients will be sifted and flow into the bowl according to the selected speed.
NOTE: The sifter can operate at any speed, so select the speed that works best for your recipe.
- Once sifting appears to be complete, tap the housing and then the chute to release all remaining ingredients.
TIP: If your recipe calls for multiple dry ingredients, press the Tare button between adding ingredients for weighing, and stir them in the hopper before opening the ingredient valve.
NOTE: Once you have weighed your ingredients, you may turn off the scale at any time by pressing the On/Off button. If the scale is not used then, it will automatically shut off after 5 minutes.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.