KitchenAid Sifter + Scale Attachment Tips
- Use dry ingredients only with the Sifter+Scale attachment.
- Do not feed brown sugar through the sifter, as it may clog the sifter screen.
- Make sure your dry ingredients have no hard or large clumps before feeding them through the sifter. As with any sifter, clumps will not be broken up during the sifting process.
- Ingredients such as flour can vary widely in density. To achieve the most consistent results, we recommend measuring these ingredients by weight, not volume.
- If ingredients become jammed in the sifter, turn the mixer off and use a spoon to clear the jam.
- If the ingredients are sifting faster than desired, you can use the ingredient valve to limit the rate at which ingredients flow into the sifter.
- When releasing ingredients, it may be necessary to flip the valve back and forth 1-2 times or tap the hopper to ensure all ingredients are released.
- The maximum capacity of the scale is 1,000 g / 2.2 lbs / 2 lbs 3 oz, and the scale measures in increments of 1 g / 0.002 lb / 0.05 oz.
- The ingredient hopper does not lock into place. If using a tilt-head Stand Mixer with the sifter attached, be sure to remove the ingredient hopper before lifting the mixer head to avoid the ingredient hopper tipping or falling off of the sifter.
- You may wish to place the lid/scale plate on top of the hopper to reduce dust when sifting.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.