French Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make French Vanilla Ice Cream
Servings: 1 quart (about 4-5 large scoops)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Churn Time: 15-20 minutes
Freeze Time: 3-4 hours or overnight
Special Equipment: Frozen KitchenAid® Ice Cream bowl; spatula; saucepan; freezer safe container
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) half-and-half
- 4 (72 g) egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) vanilla
- Pinch of salt
1. Heat half-and-half in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Do not boil. Remove from heat.
2. Attach the flat beater to your KitchenAid® stand mixer. Place the egg yolks and sugar in the stand mixer bowl and beat on low for about 1 minute, or until well blended and
slightly thickened. Very gradually add in the warm half-and-half on low; mix until blended. Return mixture to the same saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until small bubbles form around the edge and mixture is steamy. Do not boil. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Gently stir in cream, vanilla and salt, then cover and refrigerate
2 hours, or until cold.
3. Attach the frozen KitchenAid® Ice Cream bowl and dasher to the stand mixer. Turn mixer to stir, and pour cold mixture into bowl with the mixer running. Allow mixer to stir the ice cream mixture for 15-20 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
4. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container; freeze several hours or until firm. Makes roughly 1 quart of ice cream.
Refer below video for KitchenAid® Ice Cream Maker Attachment
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.