KitchenAid Cast Iron Cookware Features:
- Interior porcelain enamel surface does not require seasoning
- Warms evenly and holds heat
- Dark-colored interior provides better browning and resists staining
- Basting dots on lid interior keep food moist
- Oven safe up to 500°F/260°C
How to Prevent Oxidization
- It is important to dry your cast iron product completely after washing.
- The transition point in particular where the interior and exterior meet on both the casserole and the lid should be thoroughly washed and dried to prevent oxidization. A very light coating of cooking oil around this edge after drying completely will help prevent oxidization at the transition point.
It is very important to not soak in water and to thoroughly dry cast iron cookware to prevent rust.
How to Properly Season
KitchenAid® cast iron cookware has already been seasoned, so unlike many other brands, there is no reason to season it prior to use.
It is also not necessary to use any type of oil after washing on the inside of the pan to maintain the seasoning.
Cast Iron and Glass Cooktops
- Cast Iron pans can be used but should not be moved back and forth on the cooktop as it may scratch the cooktop. To avoid scratches, do not slide cookware or bakeware across the cooktop. Aluminum or copper bottoms and rough finishes on cookware or bakeware could leave scratches or marks on the cooktop.
- They can be used with caution.
Contact Support for KitchenAid Cookware
Meyer Corporation, U.S. is responsible for the production, distribution, and service for KitchenAid cookware.
The following link to Meyer’s support portal for KitchenAid provides all support needs. Meyer’s support team is available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm PT, excluding holidays.
Please visit: https://support.kitchenaidcookwareus.com
PLEASE NOTE: Do not use this support link for any other KitchenAid product that is not associated with “cookware”.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.