Shredding firm or soft cheese:
- Firm cheese should be very cold.
- For best results, thoroughly freeze soft cheeses, such as mozzarella, before processing.
- This may take several hours to achieve proper firmness for best processing.
Food processor feels warm
Grating cheese is a high energy operation on a food processor.
- The food processor may become warm to the touch when shredding cheese
- There are safety devices in place to prevent it from becoming too hot.
- The motor will shut off if it becomes to warm and resume when it is thoroughly cooled.
- Cleaning the blade frequently helps reduce friction between the blade and the lid and also helps reduce heat.
- Heat buildup from grating can create a slight electrical odor, which is normal.
- Chilling the cheese helps to prevent or reduce the odor - the colder the better.
- Cleaning the blade frequently helps reduce friction between the blade and the lid and also helps reduce odor.