When KitchenAid Multipurpose Blade Stuck on Shaft
- Running your food processor for an extended period of time produces heat. Occasionally, enough heat can be produced to create fusion between the Multipurpose Blade and the motor shaft.
- Friction produced while processing very hard foods can also create enough heat to cause this fusion.
- When making bread in your food processor, never use more than 2-3 cups (500 grams) of flour, which is sufficient for a single loaf.
What to do:
- Remove the Work Bowl Cover and unlock the Work Bowl from the base so that it spins freely.
- Gently pull up on the Work Bowl while rotating it around the motor shaft.
This will place pressure on the bottom of the blade and occasionally will dislodge the blade from the shaft.
If you are able to remove the blade, inspect the motor shaft and the inside of the multipurpose blade for damage, as malformation of either piece will increase the likelihood of recurrence.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.