Making Pasta by Using the KitchenAid Pasta Press
IMPORTANT: When using the Pasta Press, do not wear ties, scarves, loose clothing, or long necklaces; gather long hair with a clasp.
- Prepare pasta dough—form dough into walnut-sized balls.
NOTE: The Pasta Press is designed to be used with pasta dough only. To avoid damaging your Pasta Press, do not insert anything other than pasta dough.
- Choose the right pasta plate and set the Stand Mixer speed accordingly.
CLICK HERE for more information on different types of pasta plates and their respective mixer speed.
- Slowly feed walnut-sized balls of dough into the hopper; dough should self-feed through the auger. Wait until the auger is visible before adding the next piece.
- Use the combo tool to push dough only if dough becomes caught in the hopper and no longer self feeds.
- Use the cutter to cut pasta at the desired length as it exits the press. For recommended lengths, choose the right pasta plate.
CLICK HERE for more information on pasta plate and its recommended extrusion lengths under section “Pasta Plates and Mixer Speeds.”
- Separate pasta after extrusion. Pasta may be cooked immediately. If drying, place long noodles on KitchenAid® Drying Rack (KPDR), or dry in a single layer on a towel placed on a flat surface.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.